Saturday, January 22, 2011

Found Breeder... New Pets!

Tuesday I found out that one of the drivers at work breeds tarantulas! Turns out, he has 2,000 of them!! Not only that, but then he offered to bring me some! So today he handed me a plastic container full of deli cups! Here are the contents:

0.0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata (Brazilian Whiteknee)
0.0.4 Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump)
0.0.3 Grammastola aureostriatum (Chaco Golden Knee)
0.0.2 Lasiodora difficilis (Brazilian Fire Red)
0.0.2 Brachypelma albopilosum (Curly Hair)
0.0.2 Poecilotheria regalis (Indian Ornamental)
0.0.1 Heteroscodra maculata (Ornamental Baboon)

0.0.1 Orthoporus ornatus (Desert Millipede)

This means we tripled our menagerie instantly! They all (except the Gold Knees) have price tags on them, but he gave them to me! They are all (except for the millipede) slings. Several of them are TIIIINY, but some are a little larger. One Golden Knee appears to have not survived the trip. It also looks like one of the Tiger Rumps died before I got it. I'll check on them more closely tomorrow. We'll be fetching meal worms tomorrow, I guess.

This guy also plans to bring me a couple adult male Rose Hairs to attempt mating with our Rose Hairs. No charge. I even asked, if my girls kill them, no charge? He just hopes we'll get some slings out of them. Like I said, he is a breeder and has 2,000 spiders! He also sells snakes. I asked how long it takes him to water his spiders. He said it takes about 4 days of 6-8 hours straight watering! He only does it once per month, though, so that helps.

I am SO excited to have found a LOCAL breeder! And talk about service, personal delivery... and FREE (so far)! We may purchase spiders from him in the future, but this was just such an amazing surprise! I was bouncing off the walls at work!



Upon further examination, 2 Tiger Rumps and 1 Gold Knee were DOA. I'm glad we still have some of each left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our web and leaving us a comment! We read & respond to all comments.